Second page of the Shifters infodump, and some unfortunate news for you all.
Che’s computer, despite everything, is still fucked, and it is fucked for the foreseeable future. This pretty much puts Che out of commission until she can somehow diagnose and get someone to fix the problem or buys herself a new computer. Neither of which is going to happen particularly soon as she needs a pretty robust machine to handle the demanding needs of tons of layers in Sai and Photoshop. I lent her a computer for everyday stuff, but sadly its not up to the task of coloring. I’ve tried, she’s tried, its just too frustrating on that poor old laptop.
So, once again, I ask for your thoughts. I’ve got a poll post going to the right side there of the options I could think of, its also in the forums if you want to answer there. If you have any alternative ideas, I’m all ears. But basically I see the options as thus:
1) Keep going with filler/infodump stuff. – I still haven’t covered anything about the Mages, the Elves, the Espi, or some other nifty things like Darklings or Taint, or the Dragons, or any of that business. I could keep going for a while if you guys want and hope the computer issue gets resolved.
2) Black and white lineart with dialogue. – I would draw the comic and post it as raw lineart with the dialogue. This is the fastest option, but the artwork wouldn’t be as polished as you are used to seeing. My lineart is clean, but not reaallly meant to be viewed without color. You guys would have to use your imaginations. We’d replace the pages when Che gets a computer again and can color them. However, the plus is of course, that its fast. I might be able to squeeze in more updates.
3) Lineart with flats and dialogue – This would be artwork with color but little to no shading, minimal special effects stuff. Sort of a quick and dirty coloring job. Its a medium length of time solution, probably couldn’t do more than the usual one a week here, and I’m not sure it offers anything more really than the black and white lineart.
4) Finished, full color pages.. but slow. – I am notoriously slow at coloring, partly because I am not that great at it and partly because my computer sucks. (I’m in need of a new one myself, but Che’s in worse than me.) While I could do full color pages, they might take me more than a week to get pages finished. While I could probably do every second week, ever week may not be doable, just because it takes me such a long time. So this would be the slowest option and pages would have to be recolored later to match styles, since Che and I have different coloring styles.
5) The last option is a short black and white side story that goes on while Che’s sorting things out, then will get moved to extras and finished there. A bonus feature if you will.
So cast your vote, and let your voice be heard. Please feel free to leave comments if you have any or alternate suggestions, I’m willing to listen to any and all ideas here. I don’t want to just leave you guys hanging forever here.